[Gluster-users] split-brain recovery automation, any plans?

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Tue Jul 12 09:38:12 UTC 2016

12.07.2016 13:31, Pranith Kumar Karampuri пишет:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Dmitry Melekhov <dm at belkam.com
> <mailto:dm at belkam.com>> wrote:
>
>     11.07.2016 12:47, Gandalf Corvotempesta пишет:

>         <mailto:dm at belkam.com>>:
>
>             We just got split-brain during update to 3.7.13 ;-)
>
>         This is an interesting point.
>         Could you please tell me which replica count did you set ?
>

>     3
>

>         With replica "3" split brain should not occurs, right ?
>

>     I guess we did something wrong :-)
>

> Or there is a bug we never found? Could you please share details about
> what you did?

upgraded to 3.7.13 from 3.7.11 using yum, while at least one VM is
running :-)
on all 3 servers, one by one:

yum upgrade
systemctl stop glusterd
than killed glusterfsd processes using kill
and systemctl start glusterd

then next server....

after this we tried to restart VM, but it failed, because we forget to
restart libvirtd, and it used old libraries,
I guess this is point where we got this problem.