[Gluster-users] New cluster - first experience

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 13:43:46 UTC 2016

On 11/07/2016 10:33 PM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> Just to keep things simple, i've removed the bonding and I'm using a
> single gigabit connection on each server.

With Replica 3, your client will be writing to 3 servers simultaneously
over a single 1Gb connection, resulting in a maximum write bandwidth of
33Mbs.

In your earlier testing, if bonding wasn't enabled on the switch - which
I believe only supports LACP, then I think you would again be limited to
a single 1Gb connection shared over 3 servers. But I'm not an expert on
bonding interfaces.

--
Lindsay Mathieson