[Gluster-users] NIC died migration timetable moved up

David Gossage dgossage at carouselchecks.com
Sun Jul 10 14:36:06 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 4:09 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta <
gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Il 09 lug 2016 21:18, "David Gossage" <dgossage at carouselchecks.com> ha
> scritto:
> > Came in this morning to update to 3.7.12 and noticed that 3.7.13 had
> been released.  So shut down VM's and gluster volumes and updated.
>
> Why you had to shut down vms and gluster volumes?
> Isn't an online rolling upgrade available also for patch releases?
>
> Tearing down the whole cluster is always needed with gluster?

It's what I prefer to do in the office setup when I can take the down
time.  I also had some unbonded NIC's I wanted to team into LACP.

Also while I could do a rolling upgrade without sharding enabled yet any
heals I incurred would end up copying entire large vm files so I would have
to wait for all those to finish before relaunching