[Gluster-users] NIC died migration timetable moved up

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 00:45:49 UTC 2016

On 10/07/2016 5:17 AM, David Gossage wrote:
> Came in this morning to update to 3.7.12 and noticed that 3.7.13 had
> been released.  So shut down VM's and gluster volumes and updated.
> update process itself went smoothly but on starting up oVirt engine
> the main gluster storage volume didn't activate.  I manually activated
> and it came up but oVirt wouldn't report on how much space was used.
> However ovirt nodes did mount and allow me to start VM's.  However
> after a few minutes it would claim to be inactive again even if the
> nodes themselevs still had access and mounted volumes and the VM's
> were still running. Found these errors flooding the gluster logs on nodes.

Hi David, I did a quick test this morning with Proxmox and 3.7.13 and
was able to get it working with the fuse mount *and* libgfapi.

One caveat - you *have* to enable qemu caching, either write-back or
write-through. 3.7.12 & 13 seem to now disable aio support, and qemu
requires that when caching is turned off.

There are setting for aio in gluster that I haven't played with yet.

--
Lindsay Mathieson