[Gluster-users] 3.8 granular heal questions

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 05:03:43 UTC 2016

On 07/08/2016 10:25 AM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> So what happened to granular data heals? I thought it was one of the
> big new features in 3.8. As described here:
>
> http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2015-September/046773.html
>
> - 2) Granular data self-heals
It is on the cards (the other items mentioned in that email too) but
nothing concrete yet. For VM use cases, sharding anyway emulates
granular data heal since the VM image is split into shards and AFR heals
only the ones that need data heal (as opposed to healing one big VM
image if sharding weren't enabled).
-Ravi