[Gluster-users] VM Freezing during heal

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Thu Jul 7 07:44:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

I recently installed a 3.7.12 gluster to replace our 3.7.6 in production.
I started moving a few VMs on it, it's accessed using NFS (not ganesha, as it's debian).

Last night one of the nodes rebooted, I wasn't the one on call but I can see in our
monitoring logs that the website hosted on the production VM I moved on the cluster stopped
responding for 9 minutes. It really really looks like the problem we have with 3.7.6 where
the VMs are freezing during the heals.
Can someone confirm that 3.7.12 shouldn't be freezing the shards waiting for a heal, only the shards
being actively healed ?

In the VM's console I can see the warning about hung task for more than 120
seconds, which does seem to indicate that the VM was frozen for a while.
It's a simple debian 8 on proxmox with a virtIO disk on an NFS gluster volume.
Here is the volume config, if that matters :

Options Reconfigured:
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full
features.shard-block-size: 64MB
features.shard: on
performance.stat-prefetch: off
performance.io-cache: off
performance.read-ahead: off
performance.quick-read: off
cluster.eager-lock: enable
network.remote-dio: enable
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
cluster.quorum-type: auto
performance.readdir-ahead: on

Thanks

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111