[Gluster-users] gluster dispersed volume configuration

Dimitri Pertin dimitri.pertin at univ-nantes.fr
Wed Jul 6 16:13:35 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I am trying to configure a dispersed volume following this documentation
page:

http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Setting%20Up%20Volumes/#creating-dispersed-volumes

I have a set of 8 storage nodes, and I want the erasure coding settings
to be (k=4)+(r=2). I understood that 6 bricks must be provided in order
to create the volume. But my question is: is it possible to exploit the
set of 8 servers given this coding configuration? My goal is the
following: for each file, a set of 6 servers among the 8 is selected (in
a round-robin way for example).

Regards,

Dimitri Pertin