[Gluster-users] GlusterFS client mounted by fuse didn't cache inode/dentry?

Kviw John kviw_john at 163.com
Fri Jul 1 00:34:14 UTC 2016

hi,
    I have encountered problems that I mounted GlusterFS client as local filesystem by fuse. By "mount -t glusterfs -o attribute-timeout=86400 -o entry-timeout=86400 -o direct-io-mode=enable server1:/testvol /mnt/glusterfs', I mounted GlusterFS to Client1, meanwhile, Client1 didn't exist bricks. In Client1, I excuted a ls shell to list the dentries. From the "glusterfs(8) - Linux man page", options like attribute-timeout,entry-timeout will affect the metadata cache in FUSE kernel.
    1, I have monitored the Client1's memory by "free -m" when the bash shell was excuted, it didn't change any more.
    2, I also have monitored the Server1's memory by "free -m", it grew about 4G(3 million files).
    3, How to explain the phenomenon? The metadata cache was provided by FUSE kernel, was there something wrong with my mounting command?