[Gluster-users] Reference architecture

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:43:28 UTC 2016

Hi to all
are there any reference architecture to use as base for a new environment ?

We are trying to build a brand new object storage service for our customers.
Actually we have 3 storage servers with 12 disks each. Each storage
server will be used as Gluster node, one brick for each disks (2TB)
with sharding.

Are 10GbE really needed ? Actually we don't have any 10gbe switches
but standard 1GB (i can create multiple LACP channels, if needed)

Should I add 2 servers for gluster-swift as gateways? Which hardware ?
Direct access to files (through glusterfs and not swift) will be made
with FUSE and gluster driver across each client (mostly some virtual
machines)

There is no need to share files between gluster-switft and "plain"
gluster but gluster cluster must be the same (same servers, same
disks, same network.....). We don't want to build 2 different
clusters.

This new environment *MUST* be totally redundant with no SPOF.

Any suggestions ?