[Gluster-users] Problem with files showing zero links

Ronny Adsetts ronny.adsetts at amazinginternet.com
Fri Jan 29 15:56:07 UTC 2016

Ravishankar N wrote on 29/01/2016 15:48:
> Okay, just some general suggestion:
>
> For the files that have link count 1 on the back-end on the 'bad'
> brick, remove the file from the back end on that brick and perform a
> stat on the file from the *mount* on the 'good' brick. This should
> create the file and the .glusterfs hard link on the bad brick too.
> If that works, you can do the same for all files.
>
> But you have to be sure that there are no pending heals on the parent
> directory before you do this or a reverse heal will happen (and the
> file will disappear from the good brick too!). If you are not sure,
> the safest way is to keep a copy of the file (from the good brick)
> elsewhere before doing this.

Thanks.

There are still issues with some files so I'll look at doing this. None of the files on this volume are irreplaceable so no biggie. Just trying to get comfortable enough with Gluster to throw all our data on it. Not actually lost any files yet which is good. :-).

As far as checking for pending heals, is "gluster volume heal software info" sufficient?

Thanks.

Ronny
--
Ronny Adsetts
Technical Director

Registered office: 85 Waldegrave Park, Twickenham, TW1 4TJ
Registered in England. Company No. 4042957