[Gluster-users] Problem with files showing zero links

Ronny Adsetts ronny.adsetts at amazinginternet.com
Fri Jan 29 15:01:06 UTC 2016

Ravishankar N wrote on 29/01/2016 14:35:
> What version of gluster are you using? Was there a chance there were
> directory renames from the client?

Currently running 3.6.8-1 from gluster.org on Debian Wheezy, arch is amd64. My other reply has a history of the upgrades.

The directory containing the bulk of the files (win_patches) has not been renamed since files were copied there a few weeks ago when the volume was created. There are affected files all over the volume.

The gluster volumes are not really being used in anger yet. This 'software' volume is being used by our patch management software via the samba-shared fuse-mounted volume. I had noticed problems within the app when running "3.2.7-3+deb7u1~bpo60+1" from Debian Squeeze but had not investigated as the system upgrade was pending anyway.

It's possible that node reboots have coincided with the patch management software running scheduled patch downloads though not to the extent that ~50% of the node files are is some sort of indeterminate state.

> There was a bug which Pranith fixed quite some time back:
> http://review.gluster.org/#/c/7879/ for missing .glusterfs link
> files.

Ronny
--
Ronny Adsetts
Technical Director

Registered office: 85 Waldegrave Park, Twickenham, TW1 4TJ
Registered in England. Company No. 4042957