[Gluster-users] brick crash

Pierre Léonard pierre-mgp-jouy.inra at agsic.net
Thu Jan 28 15:25:46 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have a strip 7 volume of 14 nodes. one of the brick crash and I
replace the failed disk. Nox on that node the brick is entirely new.

then when I want to start the volume gluster answer :

[root at xstoocky01 brick2]# gluster volume start gvscratch
volume start: gvscratch: failed: Staging failed on xstoocky02. Error:
Failed to get extended attribute trusted.glusterfs.volume-id for brick
dir /mnt/gvscratch/brick2. Reason : No data available

Which seem to be relatively honest. I can't remove the brick :

  gluster volume remove-brick gvscratch xstoocky02:/mnt/gvscratch/brick2
start
volume remove-brick start: failed: Remove brick incorrect brick count of
1 for stripe 7

  So how can I re-introduce that brick in the volume ?

Many thank's

Pierre Léonard