[Gluster-users] Trashcan issue with vim editor

PankaJ Singh pank.singh9191 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 09:55:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

We are using gluster 3.7.6 on ubuntu 14.04. We are facing an issue with
trashcan feature.
Our scenario is as follow:

1. 2 node server (ubuntu 14.04 with glusterfs 3.7.6)
2. 1 client node (ubuntu 14.04)
3. I have created one volume vol1 with 2 bricks in replica and with
transport = tcp mode.
4. I have enabled quota on vol1
5. Now I have enabled trashcan feature on vol1
6. Now I have mounted vol1 on client's home directory "mount -t glusterfs
-o transport=tcp server-1:/vol1 /home/"
7. Now when I logged in via any existing non-root user and perform any
editing via vim editor then I getting this error "*E200: *ReadPre
autocommands made the file unreadable*" and my user's home directory*
permission
get changed to 000*. after sometime these permission gets revert back
automatically.

(NOTE: user's home directories are copied in mounted directory glusterfs
volume vol1)

Thanks & Regards
PankaJ Singh