[Gluster-users] Installing 3.7.6 in Debian Wheezy

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 11:51:21 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Atin Mukherjee" <amukherj at redhat.com>
> >
> > Wheezy has an old version of liburcu [1]. Gluster requires at-least
> > v0.7. I don't know how Wheezy packages even got built without the
> > required version of liburcu being present.
> Probably Kaleb might be knowing it?
> >
> > [1] https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=urcu

Good question. The debian package build runs configure, so the build _should_ have failed.

We hadn't built 3.7.x up until 3.7.6 because of other dependencies that were finally resolved in 3.7.6.

Will have to investigate why the build did not fail on the incorrect urcu.

I'll pull the wheezy bits from d.g.o.

Thanks

--

Kaleb