[Gluster-users] Memory leak in GlusterFS FUSE client

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 10:56:59 UTC 2016

On 01/13/2016 04:08 PM, Soumya Koduri wrote:

> On 01/12/2016 12:46 PM, Oleksandr Natalenko wrote:
>> Just in case, here is Valgrind output on FUSE client with 3.7.6 +
>> API-related patches we discussed before:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/cd6605ca19734c1496a4
>>

> Thanks for sharing the results. I made changes to fix one leak reported
> there wrt ' client_cbk_cache_invalidation' -
>      - http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13232/
>
> The other inode* related memory reported as lost is mainly (maybe)
> because fuse client process doesn't cleanup its memory (doesn't use
> fini()) while exiting the process.  Hence majority of those allocations
> are listed as lost. But most of the inodes should have got purged when
> we drop vfs cache. Did you do drop vfs cache before exiting the process?
>
> I shall add some log statements and check that part

Also please take statedump of the fuse mount process (after dropping vfs
cache) when you see high memory usage by issuing the following command -
	'kill -USR1 <pid-of-gluster-process>'

The statedump will be copied to 'glusterdump.<pid>.dump.tim
estamp` file in /var/run/gluster or /usr/local/var/run/gluster.
Please refer to [1] for more information.

Thanks,
Soumya
[1] http://review.gluster.org/#/c/8288/1/doc/debugging/statedump.md