[Gluster-users] RAID on GLUSTER node

Pawan Devaiah pawan.devaiah at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 07:56:06 UTC 2016

Thanks for your response Pranith and Mathieu,

Pranith: To answer your question, I am planning to use this storage for two
main workloads.

1. As a shared storage for VMs.
2. As a NFS Storage for files.

We are a online backup company so we store few hundred Terra bytes of data.

Mathieu: I appreciate your concern, however as a system admins sometimes we
get paranoid and try to control everything under the Sun.
I know I can only control what I can.

Having said that, No, I have pair of servers to start with so at the moment
I am just evaluating and preparing for proof of concept, after which I am
going to propose to my management, if they are happy then we will proceed
further.

Regards,
Dev