[Gluster-users] glusterfs 3.6.8 release notes

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sun Jan 10 12:28:51 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 01:39:52PM +0200, Roman wrote:
> Hi
>
> Seems like I've missed the mail about 3.6.8 release and notes... Could
> someone point me to the release notes e-mail?
>
> PS
> Why wouldn't devs put release notes or changelog file to repository with
> the release (http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/) ?
> It would make everyone life easier :)

Actually, the release notes should be part of the repository:

  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/tree/release-3.6/doc/release-notes

Unfortunately some versions of 3.6 seem to be missing the notes :-/

There has not been an announcement for 3.6.8 yet, we normally wait until
packages for most distributions are available. Expect to see an
announcement in the next few days.

Kaushal did the 3.6.8 release, maybe he has the notes somewhere and
forgot to submit them in the repo? Adding him on CC to get his
attention.

Thanks,
Niels

PS: adding the release notes to the git repo is part of our standardized
process: http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Contributors-Guide/GlusterFS-Release-process/