[Gluster-users] High I/O And Processor Utilization

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 22:53:08 UTC 2016

On 9/01/2016 11:36 AM, Ravishankar N wrote:
> The performance improvements for self-heal are still a
> (stalled_at_the_moment)-work-in-progress. But for VM use cases, you
> can turn on sharding [1], which will drastically reduce data self-heal
> time.  Why don't you give it a spin on your lab setup and let us know
> how it goes? You might have to create the VMs again though since only
> the files that are created after enabling the feature will be sharded.

I rather thought that the high I/O Kyle was seeing was due to continual
heals across his VM's, which is not normal behavior. However possibly
that was due to the network/firewall issues he described earlier. If
that's not resolved, then the problem will probably continue will it
not? just with a finer granularity ;)

--
Lindsay Mathieson