[Gluster-users] SSL support is NOT enabled

Steven Fisher stevef1uk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 20:19:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have been using gluster successfully for a while on a couple of Raspberry Pi2s where I have external USB devices. I used the following article to get me up and running very quickly: http://banoffeepiserver.com/glusterfs/set-up-glusterfs-on-two-nodes.html <http://banoffeepiserver.com/glusterfs/set-up-glusterfs-on-two-nodes.html>

I mount that gluster volumes on my RPis where I don’t have external storage.  This is useful to move files between the machines easily. All was fine but then I added a new RPI2 which runs the new Linux kernel (4.1.18) by default and I get the error SSL support is NOT enabled  when trying to mount the cluster volume from this machine.

 The versions installed on my existing RPIs set-up are:

glusterfs-client                      3.2.7-3+deb7u1                          armhf        clustered file-system (client package)
ii  glusterfs-common                      3.2.7-3+deb7u1                          armhf        GlusterFS common libraries and translator modules
ii  glusterfs-server                      3.2.7-3+deb7u1                          armhf        clustered file-system (server package)

They run: Linux rpi2 3.18.6-v7+ #3 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 9 15:39:54 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

My new RPI comes with the new Rasbian OS:

Linux raspberrypi 4.1.18-v7+ #845 SMP Thu Feb 18 19:45:28 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

On this version when I install the glusterfs-clinet I end up with the following version:

ii  glusterfs-client                      3.5.2-2+deb8u1                            armhf        clustered file-system (client package)
ii  glusterfs-common                      3.5.2-2+deb8u1

For some reason I can’t install the earlier version and when I try the command to mount 'sudo mount -t glusterfs glus1:/glusv0 /mnt -o backupvolfile-server=glus2’ I end up with an error.

What I would like to do is to use what I have seen is the option client.ssl=off , but the existing gluster volume servers don’t recognise that option and I can’t find the option to cause the mount on the new RPI2 to not use ssl.

Since I don’t want to have to set-up this volume with SSL how can I get access to it on the new RPI2?

Regards

Steve