[Gluster-users] AFR Version used for self-heal

Kyle Maas kyle at virtualinterconnect.com
Thu Feb 25 18:06:53 UTC 2016

How can I tell what AFR version a cluster is using for self-heal?

The reason I ask is that I have a two-node replicated 3.7.8 cluster (no
arbiters) which has locking behavior during self-heal which looks very
similar to that of AFRv1 (only heals one file at a time per self-heal
daemon, appears to lock the full inode while it's healing it instead of
just ranges, etc.), but I don't know how I would check the version to
confirm that suspicion.  I've seen mention of needing to explicitly
enable AFRv2 when upgrading Gluster from an older version, and this
cluster was one that started at an older Gluster version and was
upgraded in accordance with the upgrade docs, but I cannot seem to find
any documentation on enabling newer versions of AFR or even checking
which one I'm running at.  cluster.op-version for this cluster is
currently at 30603, and both nodes are CentOS 7 running Gluster 3.7.8.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Warm Regards,
Kyle Maas