[Gluster-users] glusterfs client crashes

Dj Merrill gluster at deej.net
Sun Feb 21 19:23:09 UTC 2016

On 2/21/2016 1:27 PM, Gaurav Garg wrote:
> Its seems that your brick process are offline or all brick process have crashed. Could you paste output of #gluster volume status   and #gluster volume info command and attach core file.

Very interesting.  They were reporting both bricks offline, but the
processes on both servers were still running.  Restarting glusterfsd on
one of the servers brought them both back online.

I am going to have to take a closer look at the logs on the servers.

Even after bringing them back up, the client is still reporting
"Transport endpoint is not connected".  Is there anything other than a
reboot that will change this state on the client?

# gluster volume status
Status of volume: gv0
Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
Brick glusterfs1:/export/brick1/sdb1        49152     0          Y
  15073
Brick glusterfs2:/export/brick1/sdb1        49152     0          Y
  14068
Self-heal Daemon on localhost               N/A       N/A        Y
  14063
Self-heal Daemon on glusterfs1              N/A       N/A        Y
  7732

Task Status of Volume gv0
There are no active volume tasks

Status of volume: gv1
Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
Brick glusterfs1:/export/brick2/sdb2        49154     0          Y
  15089
Brick glusterfs2:/export/brick2/sdb2        49157     0          Y
  14073
Self-heal Daemon on localhost               N/A       N/A        Y
  14063
Self-heal Daemon on glusterfs1              N/A       N/A        Y
  7732

Task Status of Volume gv1
There are no active volume tasks

# gluster volume info

Volume Name: gv0
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 1d31ea3c-a240-49fe-a68d-4218ac051b6d
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: glusterfs1:/export/brick1/sdb1
Brick2: glusterfs2:/export/brick1/sdb1
Options Reconfigured:
performance.cache-max-file-size: 750MB
diagnostics.count-fop-hits: on
diagnostics.latency-measurement: on
features.quota-timeout: 30
features.quota: off
performance.io-thread-count: 16
performance.write-behind-window-size: 1GB
performance.cache-size: 1GB
nfs.volume-access: read-only
nfs.disable: on
cluster.self-heal-daemon: enable

Volume Name: gv1
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 7127b90b-e208-4aea-a920-4db195295d7a
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: glusterfs1:/export/brick2/sdb2
Brick2: glusterfs2:/export/brick2/sdb2
Options Reconfigured:
performance.cache-size: 1GB
performance.write-behind-window-size: 1GB
nfs.disable: on
nfs.volume-access: read-only
performance.cache-max-file-size: 750MB
cluster.self-heal-daemon: enable