[Gluster-users] GlusterFS behaviour on stat syscall with relatime activated

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Mon Feb 8 05:25:40 UTC 2016

On 02/06/2016 12:19 AM, Simon Turcotte-Langevin wrote:

> Good day to you Pranith,
>
> Thank you for your answer, it was exactly this. However, we still have
> an issue with RELATIME on GlusterFS.
>
> Stating the file does not modify atime anymore, with quick-read
> disabled, however cat-ing the file does not replicate the atime.

This is because of open-behind feature. Disable open-behind with:
"gluster volume set <volname> open-behind off". I believe you will see
the atime behavior you want to see with it. This will reduce the
performance of small file reads (< 64KB). Instead of one lookup over the
network now it will do, lookup + open(This will be sent to both the
replica bricks which updates atime) + read (Only one of the bricks). Let
me know if you want any more information.

Pranith