[Gluster-users] update from gluster 3.6.3 dependency problem

Kingsley gluster at gluster.dogwind.com
Tue Feb 2 14:17:17 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 11:17 +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 11:53:28PM +0000, Kingsley wrote:
> > On Thu, 2016-01-14 at 13:13 +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > > Yes, RHEL updated the Gluster packages to 3.7.x. What you see here might
> > > be from an attempt to update the glusterfs-fuse package from the CentOS
> > > base/updates channel.
> > >
> > > I think you run into this because you disabled the repository with the
> > > glusterfs-server package in it. Could you check if enabling the
> > > repository with the 3.6.x glusterfs-server package prevents this error?
> > > yum should be smart enough to not update the glusterfs packages if it
> > > sees that the most recent version of glusterfs-server is already
> > > installed.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > We don't have the most recent version of glusterfs-server on there,
> > we're running 3.6.3.
>
> Do you have a repository where glusterfs-server-3.6.3 is the latest
> version? If you enable that repository, you should see that there is no
> update for glusterfs-server, and it should not try to update other
> glusterfs packages.
>
> > What would you expect yum to do in this instance? FWIW, we've got the
> > yum cron thing configured to download updates, but not apply them, so we
> > do have a safety net.
>
> Alternatively, you can exclude the packages from being updated
> completely.  Add a space separated list of glusterfs packages that you
> have installed to /etc/yum.conf like this:
>
>   exclude=glusterfs glusterfs-libs glusterfs-server glusterfs-fuse
>
> Cheers,
> Niels

Hi,

In the end I had to add a couple of extra things, but this line fixed it
for me in the end:

exclude=glusterfs glusterfs-libs glusterfs-server glusterfs-fuse glusterfs-api glusterfs-cli

I put it in the configuration in the [base], [extras] and [updates]
section of CentOS-Base.repo

Cheers,
Kingsley.