[Gluster-users] 3.8.3 Shards Healing Glacier Slow

David Gossage dgossage at carouselchecks.com
Mon Aug 29 19:20:48 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 7:01 AM, Anuradha Talur <atalur at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Did this on test bed today.  its one server with 3 bricks on same machine
so take that for what its worth.  also it still runs 3.8.2.  Maybe ill
update and re-run test.

killed brick
deleted brick dir
recreated brick dir
created fake dir on gluster mount
set suggested fake attribute on it
ran volume start <> force

looked at files it said needed healing and it was just 8 shards that were
modified for few minutes I ran through steps

gave it few minutes and it stayed same
ran gluster volume <> heal

it healed all the directories and files you can see over mount including
fakedir.

same issue for shards though.  it adds more shards to heal at glacier pace.
 slight jump in speed if I stat every file and dir in VM running but not
all shards.

It started with 8 shards to heal and is now only at 33 out of 800 and
probably wont finish adding for few days at rate it goes.