[Gluster-users] 3.8.3 Shards Healing Glacier Slow

David Gossage dgossage at carouselchecks.com
Mon Aug 29 11:42:42 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 5:39 AM, Anuradha Talur <atalur at redhat.com> wrote:

> Response inline.

getting sporadic io issues and a few VM's paused so hoping that will help.
I may wait to do this till around 4PM when most work is done in case it
shoots load up.

> 1) kill pid of brick
> 2) to configuring of brick that you need
> 3) recreate brick dir
> 4) while the brick is still down, from the mount point:
>    a) create a dummy non existent dir under / of mount.

so if noee 2 is down brick, pick node for example 3 and make a test dir
under its brick directory that doesnt exist on 2 or should I be dong this
over a gluster mount?

>    b) set a non existent extended attribute on / of mount.

Could you give me an example of an attribute to set?   I've read a tad on
this, and looked up attributes but haven't set any yet myself.

Doing these steps will ensure that heal happens only from updated brick to
> down brick.
> 5) gluster v start <> force
> 6) gluster v heal <>

Will it matter if somewhere in gluster the full heal command was run other
day?  Not sure if it eventually stops or times out.