[Gluster-users] canceling full heal 3.8

David Gossage dgossage at carouselchecks.com
Sun Aug 28 04:01:42 UTC 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 9:55 PM, David Gossage <dgossage at carouselchecks.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 5:35 PM, David Gossage <
> dgossage at carouselchecks.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 27, 2016 4:37 PM, "Lindsay Mathieson" <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> and count from heal statistics heal-count has only reached 1800 out of
>> 19000 shards.  shards dir hasn't even been recreated yet.  Creation of the
>> non sharded stubs (do they have a more official term?) in the visible mount
>> point was as speedy as expected.  shards are painfully slow.
>> >

>> > Is your CPU usage through the roof?
>>
>> Currently it has almost no activity.  First node yesterday got a bit
>> high.  But 2nd node today that has issues is pretty low.
>> >
>> > If you haven't already, I'd suggest
>> >
>> > - changing "cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm" to "full"
>> >
>> > - And restarting the gluster volume if possible
>> >

>> I'll shut down vm's later tonight and see if that helps at all.
>>

> applied  "cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm" to "full"
>
> stopped volume - started volume
>
> cpu activity barely noticeable. heal count crawling at 1 new addition to
> list every minute or 2 and stil just building a list it hasnt started
> making a .shard directory

logging into each linux vm and running from / 'find . | xargs stat ' seeme
dto make count ump a bit faster. wasnt quite sure best way to repeatthat
for windows vm's so just ran full system virus scans.

Still after 15+ plus hours now its listed 3600/19000 shards in to be healed
list and started healing none.