[Gluster-users] Gluster Tuning & Client Connection ?

Me ap75150 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 15:57:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

  Could someone please share some advice on tuning / settings for, 4 Gluster servers with 300+ hosts connecting to it?

Listed below is how I'm setup..

4 X Intel 2.4Ghz 12 core servers with 64Gb memory each and Ubuntu 14.04.
3 bricks in each server created from Raid6 arrays of Internal disk for a total of 12 bricks across 4 servers creating a large 500Tb Gluster Vol.
Network is 2 X 10Gb bonded ports on each server at 9000 MTU.
All setting on the 4 gluster servers are default.

1. Any recommendations and or changes I need to make on the gluster servers to increase performance or to optimize for small files?

2. Any recommendations and or changes I need to make on the gluster servers to be able to handle 300+ hosts connecting to it using the GlusterFS client?

PS: My hosts that are connecting to the Gluster cluster using the GlusterFS client and are bare-metal servers used for docker containers. Also the MTU on these are set to 1500 instead of 9000.

Thanks,
ALP