[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] CFP for Gluster Developer Summit

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue Aug 23 10:11:21 UTC 2016

I'd like to propose a general presentation about Samba
to increase the understanding of what Samba does and how
it does it.

working title: "Samba, alien imposer of strange workloads"

Items to be covered:

- samba in general: history and overview
- SMB: some details about the protocol
- layout of process model and async code in samba
- samba-clustering with ctdb
- samba<->gluster interaction (vfs module)

This would cover some basics of how to set up
samba on top of gluster, but the main focus would be
to increase the understanding of the interactions between
samba and its interaction with gluster for a developer,
specifically why Samba imposes so many notoriously hard workloads.

Michael Adam
obnox at samba.org / obnox at redhat.com