[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] CFP for Gluster Developer Summit

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 11:45:49 UTC 2016

Two proposals, both pretty developer-focused.

(1) Gluster: The Ugly Parts
Like any code base its size and age, Gluster has accumulated its share of dead, redundant, or simply inelegant code.  This code makes us more vulnerable to bugs, and slows our entire development process for any feature.  In this interactive discussion, we'll identify translators or other modules that can be removed or significantly streamlined, and develop a plan for doing so within the next year or so.  Bring your favorite gripes and pet peeves (about the code).

(2) Gluster Debugging
Every developer has their own "bag of tricks" for debugging Gluster code - things to look for in logs, options to turn on, obscure test-script features, gdb macros, and so on.  In this session we'll share many of these tricks, and hopefully collect more, along with a plan to document them so that newcomers can get up to speed more quickly.

I could extend #2 to cover more user/support level problem diagnosis, but I think I'd need a co-presenter for that because it's not an area in which I feel like an expert myself.