[Gluster-users] Self healing does not see files to heal

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 06:44:47 UTC 2016

On 08/17/2016 10:40 AM, Krutika Dhananjay wrote:
> Good question.
>
> Any attempt from a client to access /.shard or its contents from the
> mount point will be met with an EPERM (Operation not permitted). We do
> not expose .shard on the mount point.

Just to be clear, I was referring to the shard xlator accessing the
participant shard by sending a named lookup when we access the file (say
'cat /mount/file > /dev/null`) from the mount.
I removed a shard and its hard-link from one of the bricks of a 2 way
replica, unmounted the client, stopped and started the volume and did
read the file from a fresh mount. For some reason (I need to debug why),
a reverse heal seems to be happening where both bricks of the 2-replica
volume end up with zero byte file for the shard in question.
-Ravi