[Gluster-users] Clarification on common tasks

Anuradha Talur atalur at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 07:11:14 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Actually info healed and heal-failed are deprecated. Recently some changes
were made due to which wrong error message is being given to the users.
A bug has been raised for the same and will be worked on for the next releases.

> but all bricks are up and running:
>
> # gluster volume status
> Status of volume: gv0
> Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
> Brick 1.2.3.112:/export/brick1/brick    49153     0          Y       11222
> Brick 1.2.3.113:/export/sdb1/brick      49152     0          Y       5786
> Brick 1.2.3.114:/export/sdb1/brick      49152     0          Y       920
> Self-heal Daemon on localhost           N/A       N/A        Y       11227
> Self-heal Daemon on 1.2.3.113           N/A       N/A        Y       31559
> Self-heal Daemon on 1.2.3.114           N/A       N/A        Y       26173
>
> Task Status of Volume gv0
> There are no active volume tasks
>

> Why i'm unable to see what happened during healing ? I can't use any
> of "healed" or "heal-failed" arguments.
> "split-brain" works.

> Any suggestion? I'm curious to see why some files triggered an heal failure.
You can get glustershd logs to see why heals failed. If you need help with it,
please give us the log files.

--
Thanks,
Anuradha.