[Gluster-users] Clarification on common tasks

Anuradha Talur atalur at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 14:13:15 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Sorry, there was a mistake in this mail.
As I said, replace-brick can't be used when old and new path are the same.
And I by mistake suggested replace-brick after all the steps again!

There was a document that I'm not able to locate right now.
The first step after mounting the brick was to set volume ID using
setfattr -n trusted.glusterfs.volume-id -v <volume-id> <brickpath>.
I think there were more steps, I will update once I find the doc.
Once all the required xattrs are set, gluster v start force was supposed to be done.

start force needs to be done here as volume is already in start state but the
management daemon, glusterd, is not aware that the failed brick has been fixed
with new disks. start force is a way of letting glusterd know that there is
a brick that is down but needs to be started. This will be done without
affecting the existing up bricks.

--
Thanks,
Anuradha.