[Gluster-users] Linux (ls -l) command pauses/slow on GlusterFS mounts

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 21:17:08 UTC 2016

On 08/10/2016 05:12 PM, Deepak Naidu wrote:
> Before we can try physical we wanted POC on VM.
>
> Just a note the VMs are decently powerful 18cpus, 10gig NIC, 45GB Ram 1TB SSD drives. This is per node spec.
>
> I don't see the ls -l command hanging when I try to list the files from the gluster-node VMs itself So the question.

The reason I alluded to a physical setup was to remove the variables
that can affect performance in a virtual setup. The behavior is not
usual for the scale of deployment that you mention. You could use strace
in conjunction with gluster volume profile to determine where the
latency is stemming from.

Regards,
Vijay