[Gluster-users] Change underlying brick on node

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 02:15:59 UTC 2016

On 9 August 2016 at 07:23, Joe Julian <joe at julianfamily.org> wrote:
> Just kill (-15) the brick process. That'll close the TCP connections and the
> clients will just go right on functioning off the remaining replica. When
> you format and recreate your filesystem, it'll be missing the volume-id
> extended attributes so to start it you'll need to force it:
>
>    gluster volume start $volname start force

Just to clarify I'm interpreting this correctly, to replace a brick
and preserve its mount point you can:

1. kill the brick process (glusterfsd)

2. Do your disk maintenance. Eventually you have a clean (erased) brick mount

3. Force the bricks process start. This will recreate all the meta
data and start a full heal that will replicate all the data from the
other bricks.

Looks like the easiest way to replace a brick to me :)

thanks,

--
Lindsay