[Gluster-users] gluster profile mode - showing unexpected WRITE fops

Jackie Tung jackie at drive.ai
Mon Aug 8 20:47:26 UTC 2016

Hi,

I’m doing some benchmarking vs our trial GlusterFS setup (distributed replicated, 20 bricks configured as 10 pairs).  I’m running 3.6.9 currently.  Our benchmarking load involves a large number of concurrent readers that continuously pick random file / offsets to read.  No writes are ever issued.  However I’m seeing the following gluster profiling output:

   Block Size:              32768b+               65536b+              131072b+
 No. of Reads:                    0                     0               6217035
No. of Writes:                87967                 25443               4372800

Why are there writes at all?  Are seeks being shown here as writes?

Thanks,
Jackie

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.