[Gluster-users] Change underlying brick on node

David Gossage dgossage at carouselchecks.com
Mon Aug 8 20:39:47 UTC 2016

So now that I have my cluster on 3.7.14 and sharded and working I am of
course looking for what to break next.

Currently each of 3 nodes is on a 6 disk (WD Red 1TB) raidz6 (zil on
mirrored ssd), which I am thinking is more protection than I may need with
a 3 way replica.  I was going to one by one change them to basically raid10
letting it heal in between.

Is best way to do that a systemctl stop glusterd, should I just kill the
brick process to simulate a brick dying, or is their an actual brick
maintenance command?

If /etc/glusterfs is unchanged and /var/lib/glusterd is unchanged will
doing a heal full after reboot or restarting glusterd take care of
everything if I recreate the expected brick path first?

Are the improvements in 3.8 for sharding significant enough I should first
look at updating to 3.8.2 when released in few days?

*David Gossage*
*Carousel Checks Inc. | System Administrator*
*Office* 708.613.2284