[Gluster-users] ec heal questions

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:32:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

Assume we have 8+2 and 16+4 ec configurations and we just replaced a
broken disk in each configuration  which has 100GB of data. In which
case heal completes faster? Does heal speed has anything related with
ec configuration?

Assume we are in 16+4 ec configuration. When heal starts it reads 16
chunks from other bricks recompute our chunks and writes it to just
replaced disk. Am I correct?

If above assumption is true then small ec configurations heals faster right?

Is there any improvements in 3.7.14+ that makes ec heal faster?(Other
than multi-thread shd for ec)

Thanks,
Serkan