[Gluster-users] 3.7.13 Upgrade to 3.8.1

David Gossage dgossage at carouselchecks.com
Sun Aug 7 03:09:59 UTC 2016

On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 9:58 PM, Lindsay Mathieson <
lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/08/2016 12:56 PM, David Gossage wrote:
>
>> My Dev server with one VM doing almost nothing handled update to 3.8.1
>> and op-version update just fine.
>>

> Good to know, thanks :)
>

> turned on the new granular setting but haven't simulated any brick
>> failures yet to see what happens.
>>

> is that the "cluster.locking-scheme: granular" one? its available in
> 3.7.12 as well, I've had it activate for a couple of weeks.

Granular Entry self-heal for AFR

*Notes for users:* This feature can be enabled using the command

gluster volume set <vol-name> granular-entry-heal on

*Limitations:* 1. The feature is not backward compatible. So please enable
the option only after you have upgraded all your clients and servers to 3.8
and op-version is 30800 2. Make sure the volume is stopped and there is no
pending heal before you enable the feature.

Not even sure if I can test what it's meant to improve on my lackluster dev
setup.