[Gluster-users] LVM thin provisionning for my geo-rep slave

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 20:16:23 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am planning to use snapshots on my geo-rep slave and as such wanted first to ask if the following procedure regarding the LVM thin provisionning is correct:

Create physical volume:
pvcreate /dev/xvdb

Create volume group:
vgcreate gfs_vg /dev/xvdb

Create thin pool:
lvcreate -L 4T -T gfs_vg/project1_tp

Create thin volume:
lvcreate -V 4T -T gfs_vg/project1_tp -n project1_tv

Create filesystem:
mkfs.xfs /dev/gfs_vg/project1_tv

Another question, this is for one specific volume (project1) of my gluster master, now say I have another volume (project2) and want to add it to my geo-rep slave including also LVM thin provisioning: I just need to create a new thin pool as well as thin volume is that correct? I can re-use the same volume group, right?

Regards,
ML