[Gluster-users] Failed file system

Andres E. Moya amoya at moyasolutions.com
Wed Aug 3 19:39:35 UTC 2016

Does anyone else have input?

we are currently only running off 1 node and one node is offline in replicate brick.

we are not experiencing any downtime because the 1 node is up.

I do not understand which is the best way to bring up a second node.

Do we just re create a file system on the node that is down and the mount points and allow gluster to heal( my concern with this is whether the node that is down will some how take precedence and wipe out the data on the healthy node instead of vice versa)

Or do we fully wipe out the config on the node that is down, re create the file system and re add the node that is down into gluster using the add brick command replica 3, and then wait for it to heal then run the remove brick command for the failed brick

which would be the safest and easiest to accomplish

thanks for any input