[Gluster-users] MariaDB with glusterfs has problem.

Taehwa Lee alghost.lee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:10:10 UTC 2016

Hi all.

I'm using ONLY a node to use GlusterFS. and I have to use a brick per node.

so, I created the Distribute volume like this.

Volume Name: private
Type: Distribute
Volume ID: 8b261636-454c-428f-b292-3dfaa89210be
Number of Bricks: 1
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 10.0.2.21:/var/cluster/private
Options Reconfigured:
performance.readdir-ahead: on

and then mount the volume

$ mount -t glusterfs 10.0.2.21:private /mnt/private

and then

I moved the mysql data to /mnt/private and created link file

$ mv /var/lib/mysql /mnt/private/mysql
$ ln -s /mnt/private/mysql /var/lib/mysql

so, I ran the follow scenario

0. service mysql start
1. create the database and tables.
2. service mysql stop
3. unmount private volume
4. re-mount private volume
5. service mysql start
6. access the tables in the database

I had a problem to access the tables in step 6. I checked the database
files. the files are broken.

BUT If I read the database files using 'stat' before step 5, No problem.

I need to help whatever..

Regards