[Gluster-users] GlusterFS writing file from Java using NIO

Patroklos Papapetrou patroklos.papapetrou at crossover.com
Wed Apr 27 07:33:12 UTC 2016

Hi all

I'm new to GlusterFS so please forgive me if I'm using wrong mailing list
or this questions has been already answered in the past.
I have setup GlusterFS ( server and client ) to an Ubuntu instance and now
I'm trying to use the Java library
<https://github.com/semiosis/glusterfs-java-filesystem>to read and write
files.

The Example.java works pretty fine but when I try to write a big file (
actually after some tests I realized that "big file" = > 8k ) I get the
following exception

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
    at java.nio.Buffer.position(Buffer.java:244)
    at
com.peircean.glusterfs.GlusterFileChannel.write(GlusterFileChannel.java:175)
    at java.nio.channels.Channels.writeFullyImpl(Channels.java:78)
    at java.nio.channels.Channels.writeFully(Channels.java:101)
    at java.nio.channels.Channels.access$000(Channels.java:61)
    at java.nio.channels.Channels$1.write(Channels.java:174)
    at java.nio.file.Files.write(Files.java:3297)
    at com.peircean.glusterfs.example.Example.main(Example.java:82)

​Which is caused because the bytes written are more than the buffer limit (
8192 ) . However the file is correctly written in Gluster.

So here's ​my questions:
1. Is there any known issue in java lib?
2. Should I use another way of writing "big" files?

BTW, trying to write the same file using the relative path of Gluster's
mounted volume is working without any issues.

Thanks for your response.

--
Patroklos Papapetrou | Chief Software Architect
s: ppapapetrou