[Gluster-users] How to identify a files shard?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 06:12:09 UTC 2016

On 24/04/2016 2:56 PM, Krutika Dhananjay wrote:
> Nope, it's not necessary for them to all have the xattr.

Thats good :)

> Do you see anything at least in .glusterfs/indices/dirty on all bricks?

I checked, dirty dir empty on all bricks

I used diff3 to compare the checksums of the shards and it revealed that
seven of the shards were the same on two bricks (vna & vng) and one of
the shards was the same on two other bricks (vna & vnb). Fortunately
none were different on all 3 bricks :)

Using the checksum as a quorum I deleted all the singleton shards (7 on
vnb, 1 on vng), touched the file owner and issule a "heal full". All 8
shards were restored with matching checksums for the other two bricks. A
rechack of the entire set of shards for the vm showed all 3 copies as
identical and the VM itself is functioning normally.

Its one way to manually heal up shard mismatches which gluster hasn't
detected, if somewhat tedious. Its a method which lends itself to
automation though.

Cheers,

--
Lindsay Mathieson