[Gluster-users] How to identify a files shard?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:21:22 UTC 2016

On 23/04/2016 11:14 PM, Krutika Dhananjay wrote:
> You'll see at least 2 paths listed for this inode number (because
> they're hardlinks of each other).
> One of them is the .glusterfs/... path which is internally maintained
> by gluster.
>
> The other path (or paths if the application itself created hard links
> to this file) is the one belonging to the main file that this shard
> belongs to.

Thanks Krutika, very useful.

As part of testing today I stopped the volume and generated a md5sum for
every shard on every brick. 20047 shards per brick, it took a while :)

I then compared them and found there were 8 shards different and
applying your algorithm found they were all from one file:

   /images/307/vm-307-disk-1.qcow2

Is there anyway to launch a heal against just one file?

--
Lindsay Mathieson