[Gluster-users] Question about the number of nodes

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Tue Apr 19 12:34:45 UTC 2016

> don't forget to update the opversion for the cluster:
>
>      gluster volume set all cluster.op-version 30710
>
> (its not 30711 as there are no new features from 3.7.10 to 3.7.11)

Is that needed even if it's a new install ? I'm setting it up from scratch, then moving the
VM disks on it. I know I could just update, but I have to replace two servers anyway so
it's easier I think.

> You can have a 5 proxmox node cluster with only three nodes being used
> for gluster.

Yes, but it's 90% full and we should be adding a bunch of new VMs soon, so I do need the extra space.

> What sort of network setup do you have? mine is relatively low end.
> 2*1GB Eth on each node, LACP bonding.

If only :). It's a single 1Gb link, don't have any control over that part unfortunatly.
We will be able to migrate to a 10Gb one when needed, but for now we are using only ~200 mb/s
max on it.

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111