[Gluster-users] Clock sync between nodes

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Tue Apr 19 08:08:03 UTC 2016

Running a two node replicated volume with GlusterFS 3.5.3, I've noticed
that one node couldn't reach its time server, and is now about 80 sec
behind the other node.
I'm a bit afraid of running a ntpdate to force the clock back on sync,
could such a big jump forward cause gluster to think the files are out
dated and start a heal ? Only meta-data heal maybe ? This cluster is
hosting critical data, and I don't want to take a risk.

What could happen if I just leave it as is, with a big time offset
between the two nodes ? Could this explain why I see continuous healed
file (see my previous thread "info healed show files being healed all
the time") ?

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers
Daniel