[Gluster-users] disperse volume file to subvolume mapping

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:39:10 UTC 2016

Hi, I have a problem where clients are using only 1/3 of nodes in
disperse volume for writing.
I am testing from 50 clients using 1 to 10 threads with file names part-0-xxxx.
What I see is clients only use 20 nodes for writing. How is the file
name to sub volume hashing is done? Is this related to file names are
similar?

My cluster is 3.7.10 with 60 nodes each has 26 disks. Disperse volume
is 78 x (16+4). Only 26 out of 78 sub volumes used during writes..