[Gluster-users] Number of shards in .shard directory

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 00:08:52 UTC 2016

Looking at migrating all our VM's to sharded gluster storage, 2.5TB of
data in total. Underlying storage is zfs (on linux).

Small scale testing has been going well but one thing I am unsure of is
whether a *large* number of small files in one directory is going to be
a problem. If I migrate everything to a 4MB shard size there is going to
be 655360 files. Will that be a problem for gluster? or for zfs?

--
Lindsay Mathieson