[Gluster-users] Freezing during heal

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 21:46:03 UTC 2016

On 16/04/2016 5:27 AM, Kevin Lemonnier wrote:
> Looking at the heal info for the volume, it has gone way up since this morning, it looks like the VM's aren't writing to both nodes, just the one they are on.
> It seems pretty bad, we have 2 nodes on 3 up, I would expect the volume to work just fine since it has quorum. What am I missing ?

Testing exact same setup myself (Proxmox, Shards, 3 nodes).

Could you post your gluster voulme status as well?

Are you monitoring with a ongoing "gluster volume heal <DS> info"?
because I've encountered an issue where "heal info" will freeze I/O on
the cluster, giving the symptoms you describe. Kill off all "gluster
heal info'"s on all nodes.

Also if you can,
- shutdown all VM's,
- stop the volume (gluster volume stop<DS>)
- stop the gluster service
- unmount all gluster mounts
- should eb no more gluster processes

- bring everything back up