[Gluster-users] Fwd: disperse heal speed up

Xavier Hernandez xhernandez at datalab.es
Fri Apr 15 06:27:04 UTC 2016

Hi Serkan,

sorry for the delay, I'm a bit busy lately.

On 13/04/16 13:59, Serkan Çoban wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> Can you help me about the below issue? How can I increase the disperse
> heal speed?

It seems weird. Is there any related message in the logs ?

In this particular test, are the 100TB modified files or newly created
files while the brick was down ?

How many files have been modified ?

> Also I would be grateful if you have detailed documentation about disperse heal,
> why heal happens on disperse volume, how it is triggered? Which nodes
> participate in heal process? Any client interaction?

Heal process is basically the same used for replicate. There are two
ways to trigger a self-heal:

* when an inconsistency is detected, the client initiates a background
self-heal of the inode

* the self-heal daemon scans the lists of modified files created by the
index xlator when a modification is made while some node is down. All
these files are self-healed.

Xavi